When the unexpected happens, you can expect 24/7 support from a Claims Care Advisor to help you get things back to normal as quickly as possible.
- Pull over to the side of the road and get out of harm’s way.
- Contact police if necessary.
- Inspect your car, and any other cars involved in the crash, for damage.
- Exchange important information with all parties involved:
- Vehicle Owners’ names and addresses.
- Drivers’ names, addresses, phone numbers, and drivers’ license numbers.
- Year, make, model, and registration (plate) numbers of other vehicles.
- Name of insurance company for all vehicles.
- Contact information for any witnesses.
- Once this information is obtained, contact us – your insurance agent – or insurance company.
- Ensure your safety.
- Call the Fire Department if necessary.
- Take any reasonable measures to prevent further damage to your property.
- Preserve evidence of loss and take photos as necessary.
- Save any receipts for emergency repairs.
- For substantial fire or water damage needing immediate attention, contact a Restoration Company.
- Contact us – your insurance agent – or insurance company.
- If your property has been damaged, take whatever steps are necessary to prevent further damage, and keep receipts for any expenses.
- Make a list of all damaged property. Do not throw away any damaged property until an insurance adjuster tells you it is all right to do so.
- As soon as possible – contact us – your insurance agent – or insurance company to report a loss.